The majority of our quality fresh vegetables are grown for us in Cornwall, it is home to some of the best vegetable growers in the country, who farm the difficult Cornish conditions with a huge level of skill gained from years of experience and knowledge passed down through generations.
We source the majority of our quality fresh vegetables from within a 15 mile radius of the shop.
- Our potatoes are grown by FG Pryor of Colwyn Farm, Perranwell Station nr Truro
- Our cauliflower, savoy cabbage, sweetheart cabbage, and spring greens are grown by Riviera Produce of Higher Trevaskis Farm, nr Hayle
- Dave Waters from Leedstown grows our swedes, bunched carrots, leeks, and bunched fresh beetroot
- Our asparagus is grown for us by EP Eustice also near Leedstown
- Our delicious strawberries (and they are amazing!) come from SH Hosking or J Purser both from Connor Downs nr Hayle
We stock a wide and varied range of quality fresh produce, with the aim of offering produce currently in season. Other local fresh produce you will find at The Veg Shop: runner beans, French (fine) beans, organic salad bags with edible flowers, broad beans, pod peas, peppers, chillies, radish, cucumber, courgettes, marrows, pumpkins, organic tomatoes… the list goes on so pop in today and get your hands on the finest produce Cornwall has to offer.